43rd Annual Treasure Hunt
43rd Annual Treasure Hunt
- $35 per Diver
- $20 per Non-Diver Guest
WELCOME TO DISCOVERY DIVING'S 43rd ANNUAL TREASURE HUNT. FOR YOUR INFORMATION WE WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE A SCHEDULE OF EVENTS AND RULES FOR THIS YEAR’S TREASURE HUNT.
Listed below are the rules and general information for this year's Treasure Hunt:
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. DUE TO SEVERAL COMPLAINTS LAST YEAR, YOU MUST DRAW YOUR OWN PRIZES. Drawing lasts as long as it takes. You may leave at anytime during the event but you forfeit remaining chances to draw.
- The Treasure Hunt is scheduled for 12:33pm Saturday, Oct. 15th, 2022.
- All divers must register and check in at Discovery Diving Co., no later than 10:00 a.m. Oct. 15th.
- Treasure Hunt registration is $35.00 for divers ($40.00 if you wait to register on the 15th) and $20 for each guest ($25 if you wait to register until Oct 15th) who will be at the pig picking.
- Divers will receive an information package by email, the package will also be available on our website. Treasure Hunt Rules and a Treasure List are included in this package.
- The mandatory preliminary briefing will be conducted at Discovery Diving Co, at 10:00am.
- If you take your own boat to Radio Island, please stay NORTH of the GREEN day markers.
- If you have never dived Radio Island let us know and we will gladly give you a site/safety briefing. Also, at this time, divers without buddies will be buddied-up.
- Divers enter the water upon a specified signal and have 45 minutes to find and record their shell numbers.
- Divers are limited to a maximum of 2 SHELLS EACH. Please bring up only 2 shells. Let others find their own; that’s half the fun. Keep your shells to be traded for a prize during the drawing.
- Upon completion of the dive, all participants check in with Treasure Hunt Officials at the dive site to record their shell numbers, and then may return to Discovery Diving. Only numbers recorded at the site are valid. If you don't find a shell don't give up, you still have a chance of winning a prize.
- Drawing is conducted in numerical order based on the shell numbers found and recorded at the dive site.
- The respective diver hands in his shell and pulls a prize card from the treasure chest and receives the prize listed.
- After divers with shells have drawn, participants without shells have one chance to draw based on his/her registration. If prizes remain, drawing starts at the top of the registration list and continues until everyone present has drawn a maximum of 3 times. Those prizes left after everyone receives 3 prizes will be awarded at future events.
- All prizes awarded are final. Discovery Diving Company is not and can not be responsible for items that do not fit or items which the winner already owns. No exchanges, trade-ins or refunds will be made by Discovery Diving Company or other donors. Discovery Diving Company encourages treasure hunters to bargain, sell and trade among themselves during the event.
- After concerns expressed the last couple of years, we would like to ask that no Spearfishing Equipment be brought into the water for the Shell Hunt at Radio Island.
We are back to normal this year, however the COVID situation may change and we will adapt to those changes for everyone’s safety.
GOOD LUCK, DIVE SAFE, WIN A PRIZE; HAVE FUN!!
Discovery Diving, 414 Orange St., Beaufort, N.C. 28516 (252)728-2265
dive@DiscoveryDiving.com ~ www.DiscoveryDiving.com
ECARA Annual Event
- Join us for an evening of food, fun, and live music from 6-9pm at Tow Boat US in Morehead City.
Join us for our annual fundraiser for the Eastern Carolina Artificial Reef Association (ECARA)! Taking place on a TBD date, this is an evening social event on fishing and diving in North Carolina, and raffles. ECARA works with local partners to obtain materials, including vessels such as the Spar and the Fort Fisher, to sink off our coast and is actively engaged in raising awareness about the importance of artificial reefs to the marine environment and to the economy of eastern North Carolina. Help us with our mission by becoming a member of ECARA!
Cost: $40 per person, includes Associate/Blenny membership to ECARA
Silent Auction Items:
- Awesome Stuff!! You to need to come to see how awesome it is!
- Check back for updated list
- List of currently scheduled shows. Date changes and cancellations may occur due to unforeseen circumstances. Check the event site for updates.
Show dates will vary by year, circumstances, weather and of course, the odd Pandemic. We'll try our best to keep upcoming show dates current as we hear about them.
All upcoming shows will be posted on this page as we learn of them. There may not currently be any scheduled for any of the above mentioned reasons.